Sewer & Trash Billing
Beginning in 2019, sanitary sewer and trash & recycling bill distribution is quarterly. Both services are reflected on one bill. The sewer portion of the bill reflects the previous three months of usage and the trash and recycling portion reflects the upcoming three months.
- 1st Quarter - Utility bills mailed by April 1st and payment due by May 1st.
- Bills include sewer usage for January through March and trash charges for April through June.
- 2nd Quarter - Utility bills mailed by July 1st and payment due by August 1st.
- Bills include sewer usage for April through June and trash charges for July through September.
- 3rd Quarter - Utility bills mailed by October 1st and payment due by November 1st.
- Bills include sewer usage for July through September and trash charges for October through December.
- 4th Quarter - Utility bills mailed by January 1st and payment due by February 1st.
- Bills include sewer usage for October through December and trash charges for January through March.
Utility Billing and Payment
Utility bills are mailed to the property owner at the postal address on the account; however, a property owner may request to receive the bills via email or have the amount automatically withdrawn from a bank account. If you wish to pay your bill online, have an automatic withdrawal, or receive your bill via email please click on one of the links below.
- Pay your utility bill online.
- Request automatic withdrawal from your bank account.
- Request to receive your bill via email.
Request forms for receiving bills via email and for automatic withdrawals can be sent via postal mail to Elizabethtown Borough, 600 South Hanover Street, Elizabethtown PA 17022 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Forms may also be dropped off at the Borough Office.
Ordinance No. 971 established quarterly sewer rates effective January 1, 2016 as follows:
- (1) Residential $92 per unit
- (2) Commercial $.0081 per gallon – minimum charge $92
Trash and Recycling Billing
Resolution 2018-14, approved on November 15, 2018, set the annual trash and recycling collection fee at $216.00. This annual fee is billed in quarterly segments at $54.00/quarter.