Each residential unit may place one oversized item curbside with regular trash collection every week. Items for collection should be placed curbside the night before the scheduled collection.
Oversized items are those that do not fit in a 32-gallon trash container and those that can be lifted by two people. The hauler will not accept an item if it is too heavy to be lifted into a truck by two people and if the length is too long for it to fit in the truck. Specifically, items should not weigh more than 75 pounds, furniture is limited to 6 feet in length and carpet and scrap metal is limited to 48 inches in length.
Acceptable Oversized items include but not limited to:
- Carpet rolled, tied and limited to 48 inches in length.
- Mattresses (any size).
- Furniture limited to 6 feet in length. If the furniture contains mirrors and/or glass, the mirrors/glass needs to be secured with heavy duty tape (Duct tape, Gorilla tape, etc.) so the mirror/glass does not shatter.
- Plumbing fixtures, such as toilets and sinks. If the fixture is made of porcelain, it needs to be boxed or taped so the porcelain does not shatter.
- Walk behind push lawn mowers with gasoline and oil removed.
- Scrap metal limited to 48 inches.
Unacceptable Oversized items include:
- Sleeper Sofas, Sofas that contain Recliners, and Reclining Chairs (with power) .
- White goods such as washers and dryers, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, stoves, ovens, microwave ovens, hot water heaters, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, furnaces, water coolers and electrical heaters.
- TVs and other electronic items.
- Additional trash bags that do not fit in the 32-gallon trash container.
- Cardboard boxes filled with trash.
Refuse exceeding the weekly container/ bag limits that is not an oversized item and not marked with an extra service tag will not be collected.