Each residential unit can place one oversized item curbside with regular trash every week. Oversized items too large to fit into a trash container and heavy enough when lifted by two people are acceptable. The hauler will not accept an item if it is too heavy to be lifted into a truck by two people and if the length is too long for it to fit in the truck.
Acceptable Oversized items include but not limited to:
- Carpet rolled, tied and limited to 48 inches in length.
- Furniture limited to 6 feet in length. If the furniture contains mirrors and/or glass, the mirrors/glass needs to be secured with heavy duty tape (Duct tape, Gorilla tape, etc.).
- Plumbing fixtures, such as toilets and sinks.
- Walk behind push lawn mowers with gasoline and oil removed.
- Scrap metal limited to 48 inches.
Unacceptable Oversized items:
- Sleeper Sofas, white goods (appliances such as washers and dryers, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, stoves, ovens, microwave ovens, hot water heaters, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, furnaces, water coolers and electrical heaters), TVs and other electronic items.
- Additional trash bags that do not fit in the 32-gallon trash container.
- Cardboard boxes filled with trash.
Refuse exceeding the container/ bag requirements that is not an oversized item and not marked with an extra service tag will not be collected.