One oversized item per week per residential unit can be placed curbside with regular trash. The oversized item must be too large to fit into a trash container and of a weight to be lifted by two people at collection. Items that are too heavy to be lifted into a truck by two people will not be accepted.
Oversized items are items that are too big for the 32-gallon trash container and acceptable items include:
- Carpet (48 inches maximum length rolled and tied)
- Furniture (limited to 6 feet in length and no sleeper sofas)
- Plumbing fixtures, such as toilets and sinks
- Discarded lawnmowers (gasoline and oil must be removed)
- Scrap metal (48 inches maximum length)
- Microwave ovens
Oversized items are not:
- Anything that can fit in a 32-gallon trash container, no matter how much space it utilizes in the container.
- Additional trash bags that do not fit in the 32-gallon trash container.
- Cardboard boxes filled with trash.
Refuse exceeding the container/ bag requirements that is not an oversized item and not marked with an extra service tag will not be collected.