One oversized item collected per week with your regular trash. Oversized items are items that are too big for the trash can or container.
Simply place your oversized item curbside with your trash.
Acceptable oversized items include:
- Carpet (48 inches maximum length rolled and tied)
- Furniture (limited to 6 feet in length and no sleeper sofas)
- Plumbing fixtures, such as toilets and sinks
- Discarded lawnmowers (gasoline and oil must be removed)
- Scrap metal (48 inches maximum length)
- Microwave ovens
- No items too heavy to be lifted into a truck by two people will be accepted.
- Anything that can fit in a 32-gallon trash container (bag or can), no matter how much space it utilizes in the container, is not considered an oversized item.
Please keep in mind that additional trash bags are not considered oversized items. Bags or cardboard boxes filled with trash are not oversized items.
Refuse exceeding the one 32-gallon container (bag or can) that is not an oversized item and not marked with an extra service tag will not be collected.
This service is being provided to assist Borough residents with disposing of refuse items of irregular size that do not fit in the regular trash container. Thank you for your cooperation.