Request for Proposals
The Borough of Elizabethtown is seeking request for proposals (RFPs) for the items listed below.
1. Architectural Services - to perform a feasibility study to determine whether two structures may be converted and used for various Borough functions and provide an initial statement of probable costs to rehabilitate the structures for the required functions. All responses to the RFP shall be submitted to the Elizabethtown Borough Office no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 23, 2018.
- Is there an allocated budget for the feasibility study? If so, it would be helpful to know the budget target so we can scale our services accordingly.
The Borough’s general practice is not to release budget estimates for projects that we have out for bid or for those projects that we are seeking an RFP.
- Are there existing drawings available for either property?
The Borough has as built drawings for the Borough Office but we do not have any existing drawings for 56 N. Market Street or the Annex (620 S. Hanover Street).
- An additional fee for civil engineering is requested under “Professional Services Cost.” Could you say more about what civil engineering scope is anticipated for the feasibility study?
This reference was included in case there would be a need during the feasibility study to evaluate the existing structures, evaluate if a new structure could be added, if there is a stormwater evaluation to be done, etc.
2. Mowing - for general turf mowing and trimming services for the Borough’s designated public park lands, designated public building grounds, and designated roadsides/public rights-of-way. All responses to the RFP shall be submitted to the Elizabethtown Borough Office no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 8, 2018.
- 2-5-18 Mowing RFP
- 2-5-18 Mowing RFP Map - Willowood
- 2-5-18 Mowing RFP Map - Train Station
- 2-5-18 Mowing RFP Map - Radio Road
- 2-5-18 Mowing RFP Map - Pathway
- 2-5-18 Mowing RFP Map - Train Station Overflow Lot
- 2-5-18 Mowing RFP Map - Hickory Lane Park
- 2-5-18 Mowing RFP Map - Community Park
- 2-5-18 Mowing RFP Map - Plum St
Invitation to Bid
Sealed bids for the item listed below will be publicly opened at the time indicated and read by the Borough of Elizabethtown, 600 S Hanover St, Elizabethtown PA 17022 on Friday, March 9, 2017:
1. Concrete —100 LF straight curb, complete in place; 100 SY sidewalk, complete in place; 5 SY handicapped ramps; misc. concrete on a per CY basis. Bid opening is scheduled for 10:00 a.m.
Sealed bids can be submitted via postal mail. And, for submitted bids, a bond by an acceptable surety or certified check made payable to Elizabethtown Borough in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the maximum bid must be submitted by each bidder with his/her bid.
- 2-5-18 Concrete Bid - Proposal and Instructions
- 2-5-18 Concrete Bid - Technical Specifications
- 2-5-18 Concrete Bid - Bid Form
The following projects are currently out for bid:
1. Paving — approx. 1,400 tons of Superpave Asphalt Mixture leveling course material; 1,780 tons of Superpave Asphalt Mixture wearing course material; 16,260 SY of Mirafi MPV 600 Paving Fabric, complete in place; LS sweep & tack coat.
2. Stone — 2,000 tons 2A Modified; 400 tons AASHTO #8 (1B); 100 tons AASHTO #57 (2B); 100 tons AASHTO #3 (3A); 60 tons stone dust; 2,000 tons 2RC bid as Alternate.
More information on these projects, including all bid materials, may be found on the PennBID website.
Elizabethtown Borough reserves the right to accept any proposals/bids or reject any or all proposals/bids and to waive any informality in proposals/bids received.